Wild Mushroom and Fontina Pizzette
- Serves: 5
- Complexity: medium
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lbs. assorted wild mushrooms (oyster, shitake, etc), wiped clean and tough stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme, pulled off the stem
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Store Bought Prepared Pizza Crust
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Fontina Cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice mushrooms in 1/8 of an inch sized pieces. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, shallots and thyme. Sauté until shallots are softened. Add in the mushrooms and continue to sauté until just cooked. Season with salt and pepper and set-aside. *add more olive oil to the pan if necessary.
Place the crust onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the crust with the cheese and mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake until crust is golden, and cheese is melted about 5-8 minutes.
Remove from oven and cut into small squares or triangles. Serve warm.
* For a special touch drizzle the pizza with Truffle Oil just before serving